The Oldest Cemetery in Atlanta

Founded 1816




Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Improvements at Utoy Cemetery

As a resident of B.... Drive for the past thirty eight years, I was pleased to see the developments that you are attempting to implement. I frequently visited the cemetery during the early seventies when we first moved into the community. After much scolding by my mother who was somewhat afraid of my forays into the cemetery, I reluctantly gave up the practice during the late seventies.

My curiosity never wavered with the renewed efforts, I would like to volunteer my services in your restoration efforts. As a native of Atlanta, this project is near and dear to my heart, inasmuch as historical sites are sometimes overlooked and/or neglected in African-American communities.

I recently visited the cemetery and spoke with Mr. Dan Sale, who detailed some of your upcoming projects. Please email me the criteria for volunteering..

History lives and it is in my own backyard!!!


Sincerely,

Nancy ......

The Positive thinker sees the invisible

feels the intangible,
and achieves the impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment